If you’re like me, finding a gift for your significant other is one of the hardest things. He’s not great about dropping hints or saying what he needs, so it leaves me totally guessing every holiday and hoping I’m on the right track for what he wants. I’ll be honest, it’s been hit or miss.
When it comes to holidays like Valentine’s Day, I always struggle more than usual. Do I get him something romantic? Something practical? And because I’m not great with planning ahead, there’s usually no time for some well thought out custom Etsy.com gift (sorry, babe).
So, here’s how I’ve managed to work through this challenge, and it will probably continue to be my strategy for future romantic holidays for years to come….
Ready for it?
I find something practical that I know he’ll enjoy, and when he uses it, he’ll think of me (or, at least that’s the theory), and then I pair it up with a well thought out card. That way, it’s a little practical and a little romantic.
Pretty slick, right?
If you’re reading this post and realizing the most romantic holiday of the year is right around the corner and you haven’t had time to shop for a gift yet, you’re in luck. I made a quick list of top gifts I’ve bought for Adam that seemed to be a winner! So, if you have a partner who is a little techie, a little healthy, and likes beer (because #balance), check out my suggestions below:
Before I jump into my recommendations, I want to let you know that some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission for things you purchase directly from those links. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about health & wellness and keeping my coaching fees reasonably priced.
- Docking Station – Have you ever bought a gift for someone that was a little self-serving? This was totally that thing for me. I have a pet peeve with all the cords and gadgets that end up around the house and decided having a charging hub would be a great way to fix it. I love the docking station because it’s solid enough to be able to hold our old huge Apple MacBook Pro, along with 2 iPads and a couple of phones. And, it has a little built-in compartment in the bottom that magically houses all the extra cords, so I don’t have to see them. I also like the bamboo wood, which makes it feel more stylish in the house and blend in. As a family, we use it every day, so I call that a practicality win in my book
- BottleKeeper – This thing is slick. I was pretty impressed with myself when I came across this company’s Instagram ad (which promptly suckered me into buying this for Adam). It’s a beer bottle insulator and keeps your beer super cold, but it also makes you beer bottle look like a stainless steel water bottle while protecting it too. We used it a lot last summer when we went golfing because it would keep the beer cold for a long time on a hot day outdoors. As a wellness coach, I’m all about balance, so cheers to a well-earned cold one!
- AirPods – If you’re someone that likes to spend a little more on this holiday, I would have to recommend checking out the Apple AirPods. Adam uses his pretty much all day every day and loves them. You probably wouldn’t even need to write a romantic card to go with this one because your partner will be so excited about the gift… I kid. But they also pack a “wow” factor, since they’re small and you can wrap it like it’s nothing big deal, and I think it’s fun to get an “over the top” gift once in a while when they least expect it.
- AirPods Silicone Case Holder – For Christmas, I got Adam one of these and he loves it. He has it clipped to his work backpack so he never loses his airpods. It was super simple, and totally practical – my kind of gift.
- Corkcicle Tumbler – I’m not gonna lie, this was actually a gift Adam got me recently, but we both use it and I think it would be a super simple gift for V-Day, especially if you’re shopping for someone that is trying to drink more water or is on a health journey. I’m always trying to find ways to drink more water throughout my day (admittedly, I’m really bad at it), and this tumbler has been a great way for me to keep water cold all day. You can also use it for hot beverages too. The thing I like about it most is that it is really comfortable to grip and hold onto and it fits in my car cup holder easily. We also have a Yeti Tumbler, but it’s too big to fit into my cup holder and I always get a little frustrated when forget and bring that one out to the car only to find out it’s a “no go”. The Corkcicle tumbler also comes in a ton of colors.
Hopefully one of these gift ideas has made your V-Day shopping experience much easier this year and you can mark it off your list and move on to other things, like getting in a little self-care today!
About the Author - Jen Wright
Jen Wright, Wellness and Success Coach
Jen Wright is a Nationally Board Certified & Certified Mayo Clinic Wellness Coach, Certified Cycle Instructor, mom, and wife living in Minneapolis, MN. With over 10 years of experience in Marketing, Project Management and Leadership for corporations, Jen became passionate about helping others through their health and wellness journey after overcoming her own health challenges. Jen has since helped hundreds of others create healthier, happier and more fulfilled lives through her caring and strengths-driven approach to coaching.
For more wellness and success tips, follow The Driven Mama on Instagram: @TheDrivenMama